Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Shaving Must Haves


Hi Lovelies!
Hope everyone had a wonderful week - sorry for not getting a chance to blog this week! I'm still getting used to working full time ( big girl problems ) 

Today's post is about my shaving must haves and products I use to get the perfect shave! 
I have really sensitive skin when it comes to shaving. I can't use disposable razors or even most women's razors if I want to keep my sin from breaking into razor bumps and rashes. Ouch! So here are the products I have found most helpful in getting the closest to perfect shave without all the sensitive skin uglies. Enjoy! 

Left to Right: Pure Romance Skin Therapy, Men's Gilette Razor, Pure Romance Coochy cream, Ulta Smoothie Shower Gel, Johnson's Baby Oil Gel  

*Descriptions below are in order of how I use them


1. Pure Romance's Coochy Cream - Yes, I did just say 'Coochy' Cream! This is the best shaving cream I have ever used and trust me i've tried them all to attempt to accommodate my princess picky legs. It's a unisex conditioning shaving cream (so men can also use it for their faces, which the lady told me many of her friends husbands end of stealing it from them) that helps prevent razor bumps and rashes. It comes in multiple lovely scents but I chose the Pink Cupcake which makes you feel as if you are rubbing a delicious cupcake on your skin to shave! (Which is perfect if I do say so myself especially without the frosting mess) It is semi pricey for shaving cream, but worth every penny if you're like me and have a hard time finding shaving cream to suit your skin. I usually try to use it only on my legs every other shave and save it for my most sensitive areas like my underarms and bikini area for every time use. 


*You can also use this as a deep conditioner for you hair! Which I haven't tried yet so I didn't comment on how it is as a conditioner :) 

2. Ulta's Beauty Smoothie 3-in-1 Shower Gel, Bubble Bath, and Shampoo - This is what I use on my legs every other shave when I don't want to over use my holy grail of shaving coochy cream. It says it's a 3-in-1 product but I have never used it as a shampoo because I have a feeling it might just not work well with my hair but for shaving purposed and body wash it does the job! My skin doesn't seem to react to it and they have wonderful fragrances to choose from and Ulta always have sales on their brand of products! I also love the pump style bottle, it's perfect for the shower and so easy to use!

3. Gilette Fusion Pro Glide Razor for Men - Move over boys, i'm taking over your razor! My theory is that if it's designed to shave someone's face then it's certain worthy of my sensitive skin, and that it is. I've been using men's razors ever since I started shaving because that is what my mom used so when we had the whole mom and daughter 'you're growing up, let's learn to shave' shinanigans, it only made sense that mom would teach me to shave with what she used. Maybe that's how my skin became princess picky skin? 
Ah Ha! Oh well, nothing can be done about it now! It gives me a fabulous close shave and doesn't give me the razor bumps and rashes that other razors do. One downside though is that the cartridge refills get very pricey when you need to change them as often as I do! 

4. Johnson's Baby Oil Gel - I use this after I put my conditioner in my hair and put it on my body while I let my conditioner sit for a minute. If you don't put it in before you might have baby oil gel left on your hands and end up conditioning your hair with it instead! This really helps add moisture to my skin in the shower so that I can put on less (if any) lotion on my legs after the shower - because princess picky doesn't do well with many lotions right after shaving. After putting it on, I then wash my body with my loofa and wash some of it off so that it isn't too oily when I get out of the shower. That is a step that is up to you and how you feel after putting it on your skin. Also note that use the Baby branded one because for some reason it's cheaper than the Vaseline brand which is essentially, if not, the same exact thing but baby brand is cheaper! 

5. Pure Romance's Skin Therapy - Lastly, after the shower I spray this Skin Therapy mist everywhere that I shaved. (legs, underarms, bikini, etc.) It's supposed to tighten the pores and have soothing minerals that help tone down any irritation your skin might feel after shaving. I really think it works nicely and it's also semi moisturizing, so sometimes I spray a little extra on my legs and rub it in as a lotion and let it dry. This is definitely an added step the the whole process and might be a little less important that the ones before but I enjoy the product and will think of re-purchasing it again when it's gone.


Well I hope you enjoyed my favorite shaving products! Since it's summer and we are all looking for ways to be 'bikini ready' and wearing dresses and shorts I thought I would share 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll be sharing my May favorites next post! 

hugs and Princess picky skin, 
xx Jess 


6 comments:

  1. I have sensitive skin too. I love using baby oil to shave with, because it makes my legs feel so smooth and soft after and helps protect from nicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's also a great idea, I'll have to try it out!

      Delete
  2. If you're a fan of Pure Romance products, you should definitely give Body Dew a try instead of the baby oil gel. The mineral oil and petroleum is really bad for your skin. Body Dew leaves your skin super soft and will help seal in moisture after shaving. It's amazing! If you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them for you, I love Pure Romance so much that I became a consultant ;o) prbytiffanykiss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just bought the Skin Therapy Aftershave, are you supposed to rub it in or just spray it on and let it dry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great! I usually just spray it on and let it dry as it seems to dry pretty quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks so much! Can't wait to use it :)

      Delete