Friday, July 26, 2013

Studio Gear: Review

Hi Pretty People!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday, it's nice and sunny here.
I had the opportunity to review some products from the makeup company Studio Gear - so today's post is about my thoughts and swatches on the products I tested myself.
Disclaimer: The following samples were sent to me, however, all opinions are my own and 100% honest thoughts on the products. I will never say I like something that in reality do not like myself and would use. I am always open to any opportunities that allow me to keep my readers updated on all the new/upcoming brands and products happening in the beauty world!
Now that we got that little disclaimer over with - let's move on to the review and swatches!



Products I received:

Studio Gear CC Cream in Natural
Cream to Powder Blush in Natural Rose
Eye Pencil in Midnight Blue
Studio Impactful Pro T.L.S Mascara
 


Here are some swatches and general thoughts about each one...


1. Studio Gear CC Cream in Natural 


Right out of the tube...

A little blending...
and Voila, it matches my skin tone



What Studio Gear Says:
Transform and enhance your complexion with the newest revolution in beauty – Studio Gear Color Correcting Cream. This incredibly light formula can simultaneously fight aging, retain moisture, and cover and treat blemishes with a non-oily, perfectly radiant finish.
Key Benefits:
- Prevents fine lines and wrinkles with collagen-building ingredients
- Restores skin elasticity by promoting moisture retention
- Brightens and luminates skin with a non-oily, complete coverage application



My Thoughts:
 I was nervous when it first came out of the tube - I thought 'oh great, another one of those "skin matching" technology that always makes you look orange instead of matching.' But I was certainly happy and surprised when it matched great!!! No orange-ness at all, and it covered nicely too! Both pluses in my book. Overall, I think this is a pretty nice CC cream. It didn't make my skin oily like some BB and CC creams usually do. I wouldn't say it gave me complete coverage of a foundation, but did surprise me on how much it covered for a CC cream. Great for everyday wear, and girls on the go!


2. Cream to Powder Blush in Natural Rose





My Thoughts:
Out of all the products this was the one I was least impressed with.
The color is very pretty, however, I think on my skin it brings out some of the red in my skin instead of looking like a nice glow. It has tiny bit of shimmer in it, but nothing noticeable if you don't like shimmer in your blush. When apply I feel like it didn't blend as easily as I would have liked and found that using my finger was the easiest way of applying it. Overall, it was just not my favorite blush formula I've ever tried.


3. Eye Pencil in Midnight Blue  





My Thoughts:
I really love this deep navy color! I used this the other day on my bottom lash line and it was just blue enough that you could tell I had a tiny pop of color but not too bright and flashy to wear to the office. The pencil formula was nice, it was definitely not as creamy as say an Urban Decay eyeliner or Makeup Forever but I really did like the way it applied and looked. It stayed through out the whole day too, even with me rubbing my eyes from allergies!

4. Studio Impactful  Pro T.L.S Mascara


yes, creepily large picture of my eye and pores LOL

My Thoughts:
This was probably my second favorite product of them all! I thought the brush was great, nice and fluffy. The formula wasn't too thin and I can see if getting better the more I use it (sometimes mascara formulas can get a little dryer after opening them and to me, almost become better with use). I think this is a very nice, everyday mascara for when you want natural looking lashes or for your base coast if you're going to be wearing falsies. I don't think the formula built enough for me to want to wear it at night when I want very dramatic black lashes but for the day it's really great!
Overall, my favorite products were the CC cream and the mascara.
Have you ever tried studio gear products? What did you think?
Hope you enjoyed this review! I have some exciting products to share with you coming soon! Hint: they're supposed to help clear and revitalize your skin - go like my facebook page to get a sneak peak picture!

I also have an exclusive discount code for 10% off your order on Studio Gear's website, enter LETSPLAY13
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
hugs and fluttery natural lashes,

No comments:

Post a Comment