Wednesday, November 13, 2013

October Favorites


Hey Pretties! 

Hope you all are doing well! Can you believe it's mid November already? Everyone's already christmas shopping - I usually never even get started shopping until I am home from school in December. I sometimes get carried away when I find so many things I know my family and friends will like and love their reaction when they open it! So this happens....


Can any of you relate?
It also snowed here yesterday! I can't believe it...winter is here and I'm not prepared. 
Also I think I am going to do a Holiday Makeup gift guide post and my holiday wish list - sound interesting? Anyways here are some of my favorite things from the month of October - Enjoy! 




1. The Wet Brush - BEST BRUSH EVER! Okay now that I got that out of the way...my friend Ellie introduced me to this brush junior year and I have been using it ever since! (about two years ago) It's so gentle on your hair when you brush it after your shower. It would be awesome for kids who has sensitive heads - I know I sure wish we had this when I was little. It doesn't pull out my hair as much as the harder bristle brushes do and in the end I think it keeps it healthier because it breaks off less. I just got a new one at Ulta (they just started selling them there) because after two years of brushing my tiger main it looked at me and said "I'm tired". So this has been a longtime favorite that I've never thought to mention, but don't know what I would do without! 

2. Kat Von D Lipstick in Celebutard - I've been wanting this lipstick for a long time and finally my cutie of a boyfriend surprised me at Sephora and got it for me! (Insert Awww and googly eyes) And boy am I glad I got it when I did because my best friend, Lauren went to get it during their 20% VIB sale and found out that they've discontinued it! If I can find out anywhere they might have it I will update this, but it's just a beautiful pink, peachy, nude with a awesome full coverage satin formula. The color is close to MAC's Hue (another favorite of mine you know) but the formula is so great and long wearing.



3. Urban Decay Lip Liner in Native - Urban Decay recently released a new line of lipsticks and with them they also made coordinating lip liners. This native color is a pretty cool toned pink, a great base for a nude or pink lip. It's SO long wearing, if you line and fill in your lips with one of these babies for a nice base then add your lipstick on top...BAM! I can guarantee your lips are not going to move for a long while. 

4. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer Brush - I got this a while back in a small concealer kit that I had gotten at Sephora. This brush is perfect for spot concealing because I've noticed really how much concealer I waste (not too mentioned applying too much) when I apply it to my face with my finger. It has the perfect small pointed tip to conceal the spot all over your face without putting too much on or wasting it. If you don't want to spend the money on the brush (because I just got it in the kit), I think Real Techniques has a small brush like it that's more affordable. 

5. Napoleon Perdis Mighty Concealer Pen (color in Pink Beige) - This concealer pen is so great for travel or on the go! No brush needed and no mess, just click it up a few times and apply it right to your face or finger and dab and blend. It also has really great coverage and creamy enough that I can also use it under my eyes! The perfect all in one for the no fussy makeup lover or on the go girl. I got mine from Ulta. 


Here are a few of my favorite Toiletry items this month....


1. Dove Body Wash Visible Care Radiance - Smells amazing! Can't quite pin own the smell, so you're just going to have to trust me on this or do a sniff test in the store! Watch out because those usually end up with my squeezing it to much and getting body wash or shampoo on my nose! (Embarrassing I know) Suds up to perfection and the exfoliating beads don't feel like sandpaper all over your body like some can.

2. Skintimate Shave Creme - Awesome stuff, Target has had a $1.00 off coupon for a while now on their website so I thought I would try it and ended up loving it. It's really great for sensitive skin like mine - makes them feel silky smooth with no irritation. 

3. Colgate Slim Soft Toothbrush - Just so you know I got this for free in my Influenster Box. I'm usually not too picky about my toothbrush, I end up using whatever the dentist gives me or what ever I find in store. However, I actually really LOVE this tooth brush because it's bristles are soft enough that it doesn't hurt when I really want to get down and dirty brushing and they are also super thin so they get in between your teeth, hence the name slim soft I guess. The handle is nice and flexible too! 

Well hope you enjoyed checking out some of my latest favorites! 
Have you tried any of them? What do you think?

Be on the look out for my Holiday Gift Guide! 
Thanks for Reading Everyone, I also love reading your comments so extra thank you for those of you who leave them! Let me know if you have any request.

Also, please keep everyone from the Philippines in your thoughts.


hugs and snowflakes from Ohio,  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment